Paxton Joseph Smith...
That will be his name....
Shakespere said, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." They say that what this quote expresses is not what something is named, but who they are.... I only partially agree. I think that if you have a story behind a name it carries on something or someone. If that story or person you are carrying on is something of strength or importance, you should share that with your child and let them know their legacy!
Ragan's grandfather's name was Patrick Joseph Guillot...I was not lucky enough to meet him, but from what I've heard he was quite a man and left quite a legacy. Ragan is a lot like him... quiet, a peacemaker, patient, loving, and not quick to anger.... oh, and he loved to fish!
I love family names and I am a firm believer that if you can, pass on a name. Austin's name is Austin James. My grandfathers, daddy Randy, and my brother all have James as a part of their name.... Cooper's name is Cooper Alexander. Alexander was part of my great-grandfather's name (on the Etier side)....
And by the way, I have a beautiful name for a girl... Sophia Sunseri. A beautiful Italian name... Sunseri was my Mimi's family name. And, no, I will not be trying to have a girl so that I can use this name. I am saving it for a grand-daughter!! ;-)
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love It!!!! I agree with you about what is in a name --My boys both have family middle names! i think it is so special and what a legacy to continue!
Wonderful name!!! I am so happy for you Crystal!!
Post a Comment